Successful people keep everything in perspective.
I often wonder what sets apart the everyday man from those who have gone on to inspire great change and are looked upon as pioneers in their field. Be it professional or personal.
I think the answer lies in motivation and drive. This is a quality successful people possess.
Throughout my life I’ve encountered two types of people. Those who let life take them wherever it leads, and those who grab life by the throat and hurl it into orbit.
I’ve often wondered how anyone can choose to hold a grudge or allow the success of another person hinder their own character development all because of envy or hate. I just can’t figure that out.
I’m beginning to realize that many successful people have these nine principles in common. (In no particular order.)
- Successful people realize success will come from their actions, not reactions.
- They realize success isn’t always in the form of wealth and power.
- They do not dwell on negative circumstances.
- They reflect on past mistakes long enough to determine the best course of action going forward to not repeat them.
- They are consistent.
- They have an understanding of morals and values.
- They know how to win friends and influence people.
- They keep everything in perspective.
- Successful people value time with family.
I’ve also wondered what circumstances have inspired these people to become great leaders. I know the reasons can vary greatly, but here’s what I’ve learned.
You often have to lose something or someone of great value, THEN choose to be a better person instead of accepting a bitter perspective. Often people choose the latter. They’re hateful and bile filled. They think life is selectively being cruel to just them.
Life does not conspire for good or bad. We all have to make choices and then choose how we’re going to react to the outcomes.
In all things, choose a consistent, positive perspective.
Your thoughts? Leave them in the comments.